15, Kangaroo Drive, COOMOORA, VIC 3461
Charismatic Strawbale Home on 10 acres, 10 minutes from Daylesford
This truly unique strawbale home will win your heart at first sight. Set on 10 acres of beautiful native bushland adjoining Wombat State Forest and located in popular Coomoora just 10 minutes from Daylesford town centre, the home is perfectly sited to overlook the large tranquil dam.
Incorporating passive energy principles, the superb thermal qualities of strawbale construction and polished concrete flooring have been organically woven together with the varied textures of recycled materials and corrugated iron to create a wonderfully peaceful haven inspired by nature.
Designed for year-round comfortable living and entertaining, the home features a spacious open plan, north-facing living area that flows out to a picturesque terrace where a flourishing deciduous grapevine canopy provides an idyllic setting for entertaining during warmer months, while allowing natural light to enter the living area in winter.
The thick concrete rendered strawbale walls provide superb insulation, retaining heat in winter and keeping the house naturally cool in summer, while delivering a subtle rustic style with sculptural curved features. With large picture windows framing the view over the dam, the living-dining-kitchen area with lofty ceiling provides a generous and welcoming space for relaxing, dining in a grand style or creating a masterpiece in the beautifully appointed kitchen.
The intriguing floorplan provides 4 bedrooms – 2 very large – along with 2 bathrooms, 2 toilets, a central hallway with utility areas, store room and a second wide entry hallway that doubles as a gallery space.
The property also features a tennis court, an outdoor 8-person spa, children’s play area, workshop and lovely lawn areas around the house with established trees and shrubs. Resident kangaroos visit frequently along with colorful native birds, wallabies, echidnas and the occasional koala.
A highly desirable and unusual property in this popular regional area – perfect for enjoying with family and friends.
Inspections by appointment only.
• Spacious living area with Ned Kelly wood fire
• Kitchen has a wide island bench, plenty of storage, pantry, quality joinery, Meile appliances
• 4 bedrooms – 2 very large with built-in robes
• 2 bathrooms – one with corner bath
• 2 toilets. Central laundry
• Polished concrete floors, recycled materials and details
• 10 acres of native bushland adjoining Wombat State Forest at rear
• 8-person outdoor spa, children’s play area
• Tennis court. Workshop with power
• Large deep dam stocked with trout and silver perch. Perfect for canoeing and swimming
• Mains power, rainwater tanks approx. 55,000 litres total capacity, wastewater treatment system, LP gas for cooking. Solar hot water system