January 20th, 2024Bowling club celebrates 125 years on a roll
Do you recognise any of these bowlers?
The Daylesford Bowling Club will celebrate its 125th anniversary in April this year.
The club is keen to record and copy any photos, objects or records related to the club activities that current or former members may have at home or with family and friends.
The Daylesford & District Historical Society is assisting to photograph and scan items for the anniversary.
Email email@example.com or contact the club committee representative Dot Bull on 0419 482 866 or Daylesford & District Museum curator Gary Lawrence on 0412 665 087.
The Daylesford Bowling Club was formed on April 17, 1899 and was opened on December 20, 1899 with 64 founding members. The first club president was J Wheeler and the first secretary was J Anderson.
In 1904, the club joined the North Western District Bowling Association and in 1907 the Daylesford Tennis Club was brought in.
This combined body then became The Daylesford Bowling and Tennis Club. The Bowling Club had four rinks and the Tennis Club had two asphalt courts.