11, Vincent Street North, DAYLESFORD, VIC 3460
Artist's Retreat in Central Daylesford
This artist’s home is perfectly positioned in the centre of Daylesford township, just a 5 minute walk to stores, cafes, hotels, restaurants, galleries and services.
An historic miner’s cottage where the central hallway and four original front rooms with timber lined ceilings and open fireplaces have been retained and are suited to further renovation. A recent extension provides a sunny open plan living-dining-kitchen and large bathroom with separate self-contained studio apartment beneath – currently holiday accommodation “Doctors Gully View Apartment & Artist Retreat”
There are lovely western views over Doctors Gully with a wide balcony on the upper level and a paved terrace sheltered by an abundant grapevine below.
In addition, there is a huge and separate artist’s studio – perfect also for a workshop or home office.
The established surrounding gardens feature fruit trees and colourful shrubs to provide privacy and create a lovely country home in the heart of Daylesford.
• Upstairs (street level): 4 bedrooms, open plan living-dining with wide balcony, kitchen with gas/electric cooking, large bathroom with rainshower, laundry facilities
• Downstairs: self-contained studio apartment with private garden entry, living-bedroom area, kitchenette, large bathroom, polished concrete floor, wide paved terrace with grapevine covered pergola
• Separate artist’s studio with concrete floor, power and plumbing
• All services connected – power, natural gas, town water, sewerage. Gas heating plus split system upstairs, electric heater downstairs, gas/electric cooking, gas instant HWS, rainwater tank for apartment toilet
• General Residential Zone Hepburn Shire. Land area 767 sq.m.