290, Moorabool West Road, GORDON, VIC 3345
Gordon Country Cottage, 10 Acres With Easy Melbourne Access
Nestled just north of the Western Highway & offering 2 sealed road frontages we are excited to offer For Sale 290 Moorabool West Road, Gordon. This circa 1900’s country cottage represents eight rooms with timber lined ceilings & is zoned rural living under the Moorabool Shire planning scheme. The home is not impacted by any heritage overlay or national trust.
• Improvements include an American barn (7 x 9m long) with mezzanine & concrete floor & power.
• The property is fenced into three paddocks with majority of the land cleared & would be ideal for someone wanting to run some livestock & enjoy the benefits of country living.
• Power is connected & there is also an unequipped stock & domestic bore.
• Outside features fertile soil that will wet your garden appetite.
• With close proximity to the Gordon township, which is well serviced by 2 primary schools, general store, hotel & numerous sporting facilities
• It is our understanding that the name Poverty Peak came about when the exploration of gold was thriving in the 1800’s with a lot of effort went into finding this rich treasurer locally but unfortunately things were thin pickings hence the reference Poverty Peak.
• Potential buyers please note; the home requires significant work if you were considering renovating to live in. Value add option would be to remove the home and clear the site to build your dream home (STCA) with a north facing aspect.
• Enjoy the benefits of being 12 minutes to the Ballan Train Station & 75 minutes from the MCG.
Sale terms are a 10 percent deposit and settlement around 60 days.
1 Car Garage