88, High Street, YANDOIT, VIC 3461
Historic Survivor with Style
Set on 1.5 acres and surrounded by a wonderful established garden, this 2-bedroom weatherboard cottage has a sense of place, history and character, brought into modern times.
The rooms are freshly painted, the bathroom and toilet updated. The sitting room adjacent to the kitchen has a split system, and a combustion wood heater in the kitchen makes it cosy on the cooler days. The airy and comfortable loungeroom has a coved ceiling and an open fireplace for the romantic nights, as well as a new split system.
The land is surrounded by excellent fencing around the paddock area, a wooden picket fence and old sunshine gates. There is room for pet animals or an orchard.
A true survivor, the house has a dynamic history. In the 1880s, it was once the Hodges Bros. General Store and Butchers, incorporating the V.R. Post Office and Wine & Spirit sales. It also served as a Cobb & Co. station between Ballarat and Bendigo. It was one of few houses in the rural hamlet of Yandoit that survived the great bushfire in the 1960s.
Today, it welcomes a new owner who will savour the serenity and peace in this delightful rural village.
• 1.5 acres of land approx. on 4 Titles
• Original timber cottage with wide hallway, timber floorboards, original open fireplace
• Rare Axminster wall to wall carpet in lounge room
• Updated bathroom and toilet
• Wood heater in kitchen
• Freshly painted throughout
• Established gardens with shade trees, peach, nectarine and cherry trees
• Two electric-fenced paddocks
• Two x 15,000L water tanks
• Brand new water pump
• Electric hot water service
• Electric cooking
• Two split systems
• New septic system
• Landline and DSL internet