June 10th, 2021Storm damage and relief in sight for Trentham
Just a few photos from around the region. Top four taken at Trentham’s relief centre by Sandy Scheltema.
Feel free to send more to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add them here.
Below, the latest from Telstra, sent about 3.35pm on Thursday. Hope they get that 000 up and running soon! (Tried to load earlier but power and internet were both down.)
Stay safe everyone.
- We’re continuing to assess the impact of storms to our network in Victoria and our focus is turning to restoration efforts in areas including:
- Latrobe Valley
- West and South Gippsland
- Melbourne’s eastern and south-eastern suburbs
- Yarra Ranges
- Dandenong Ranges
- Central Highlands
- North Central Victoria.
- The main issue we’re facing is the loss of mains power to our sites, so we’re working closely with power authorities and our power and facilities teams are on the ground to prioritise the restoration of key sites where we can do so safely.
- Fallen trees are preventing road access to some of our sites and we need to wait for the path to be cleared before we can restore these services.
- Due to the loss of power impacting both mobile and fixed line services, a number of communities may be isolated and unable to call 000. We’ve prioritised the restoration of services into these locations as quickly as possible. These include some communities north and east of Melbourne and in South Gippsland.
- Telstra is providing free Wi-Fi hotspots and phone charging stations to the evacuation centre at Traralgon basketball stadium to ensure people can stay connected.